Thursday 3 October 2013

Infidelity - the Stationery Years


Everyone knows I’m a Moleskine addict. I have shelves of little black pocket ruled notebooks, I have pretty coloured Volant notebooks, I have Star Wars notebooks, I have Hobbitses, I have…oh so many. I even, blushes deeply, have a shelf of limited edition pocket notebooks that I will never, ever unwrap, let alone write in. In short, I love Moleskine.

But, I have been unfaithful and it looks like I will continue this affair. I have discovered Field Notes! They are rather nice. They’re thin, flimsy little things to be sure, but, oh my, they have themes and pictures of stars and even proper buff ones that you can only write proper, serious stuff in. And, faints all over the place, they’ve just introduced beer notebooks. Yes, BEER! With beer coasters and everything. Now you can’t tell me that’s not useful! And I’ve now discovered special elastic bands for your notebooks, so you can keep them all together nicely – they come in packs of three.
 

So, hurrah for Moleskine and hurrah for Field Notes, but also, it’s hurrah for Katy & June! These are more for diary stuff, and to do list stuff than writing but boy are they useful! I’m toying with the idea of this splendid diary that I know will make all the difference to my project planning! How could I not buy it?

Infidelity. Is it such a bad thing, after all?

6 comments:

  1. You are SHUNNED, Sue! How very dare you walk away from our beloved Moleskines??? Although, the Field Notes do look interesting! I also actually admit to quite fancying the Muji notebooks. Even more slender than the skinny Moleskines, these are good ones for just tossing in your bag to carry around. I don't really see it as infidelity. I see it more as...keeping your options for notemaking open.

    ReplyDelete
  2. :-)
    Actually, I say all this but have just taken delivery of the two new pocket Hobbitses. Although they won't be opened, obviously.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Sue:) - moleskins etc - they're nice to touch an' stuff but PENS! what about pens!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yes, Jan. Pens! I write with a Lamy fountain pen in blue black ink. Nothing else will do! How about you?

      Delete
  4. My favourite notebooks are definitely Moleskines, and Seawhite of Brighton for sketches and scribbles. I can't use Moleskine to draw, I don't like the very smooth texture of the paper. (and an A5 thin seawhite notebook is £1.20, much cheaper!).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Seawhite of Brighton! Another brand to look out for. :-)

      Delete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.